Dehydration occurs when you use or lose more fluid than you take in, and your body doesn't have enough water and other fluids to carry out its normal functions. If you don't replace lost fluids, you will get dehydrated.
Dehydration is a major cause of infant illness and death throughout the world and hospitalization for the elderly. So in a nutshell, dehydration creates some very real health risks.
Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration
- Excessive thirst
- Dry mouth
- Muscle and joint pain
- Little or no urination
- Muscle weakness
Important Facts about WaterToxic water definitely poses a serious health risk to you and your family. We would hope that by now, clean municipal water would be the norm; however, too many disturbing studies about American water show otherwise. The following information should be considered.
- High levels of lead in water have been linked to lower IQs in children.
- Arsenic – The toxic chemical arsenic may be in water drawn from wells. It harms nerves, the heart, blood vessels, and skin. It has also been linked to several cancers. Wells should be checked frequently.
- Trihalomethanes (THMs) – including chloroform – are byproducts of chlorination that are suspected of causing several cancers, including bladder cancer. THMs are added to many municipal water supplies.
- Presence of total coliform may indicate that potentially harmful bacteria such as Escherichia coli (E. coli) is present.
- Fluoridated Water – Today, most cities in the USA choose to fluoridate their municipal water. In addition to tap water, fluoride can be found in numerous products such as toothpaste, mouthwash, medications, green and black tea leaves, and drinks such as bottled water, soda and juice. Be sure to read labels. Do your research about fluoride as to whether it is something you want to consume.
- Cryptosporidium is a parasite that causes a sometimes severe and life-threatening diarrheal disease. It is one of the most common causes of waterborne disease (drinking and recreational) in the U.S.
Below are some benefits of drinking clean and healthy water:
Benefits of Drinking Clean And Healthy Water:
1. Increases Energy & Relieves FatigueSince your brain is mostly water, drinking water helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Promotes Weight LossRemoves by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger, raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3. Flushes Out ToxinsGets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4. Improves Skin Complexion And Replenishes Skin TissuesMoisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
5. Maintains RegularityAids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6. Boosts Immune SystemA person who loves to guzzle water at intervals is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache RemedyHelps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Prevents Cramps & SprainsProper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9. Puts You In A Good MoodWhen the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Save Money!Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!
In addition, Water has anti-aging properties, regulates body temperature, maintains healthy fluid levels in the body, boosts metabolic rate, serves as transport for nutrients, helps normal bowel function, most importantly, it helps in reducing the risk of dehydration.
The benefits of water is limitless so, endeavour to drink as much water as you can whenever you can.
Remember, Stay healthy so as to stay Wealthy!
Please drop your comments, suggestions and questions in the comment box and please don't forget to hit on the share button.