How to Gain weight With Nigerian Diets
Health Benefit of Coconut Oil
Here are 10 health benefits of intermittent fasting:
1. Intermittent Fasting Changes The Function of Cells, Genes and HormonesWhen you fast, insulin levels drop and human growth hormone increases. Your cells also initiate important cellular repair processes and change which genes they express.
2. Intermittent Fasting Can Help You Lose Weight and Belly Fat
Intermittent fasting helps you eat fewer calories, while boosting metabolism slightly. It is a very effective tool to lose weight and belly fat.
3. Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Insulin Resistance, Lowering Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Intermittent fasting can reduce insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels, at least in men.
4. Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in The BodyStudies show that intermittent fasting can reduce oxidative damage and inflammation in the body. This should have benefits against aging and development of numerous diseases.
5. Intermittent Fasting May be Beneficial For Heart HealthStudies show that intermittent fasting can improve numerous risk factors for heart disease such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and inflammatory markers.
6. Intermittent Fasting Induces Various Cellular Repair Processes
Fasting triggers a metabolic pathway called autophagy, which removes waste material from cells.
7. Intermittent Fasting May Help Prevent CancerIntermittent fasting has been shown to help prevent cancer in animal studies. One paper in humans showed that it can reduce side effects caused by chemotherapy.
8. Intermittent Fasting is Good For Your BrainIntermittent fasting may have important benefits for brain health. It may increase growth of new neurons and protect the brain from damage.
9. Intermittent Fasting May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s DiseaseStudies in animals suggest that intermittent fasting may be protective against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
10. Intermittent Fasting May Extend Your Lifespan, Helping You Live LongerOne of the most exciting applications of intermittent fasting may be its ability to extend lifespan.
Studies in rats have shown that intermittent fasting extends lifespan in a similar way as continuous calorie restriction.
In some of these studies, the effects were quite dramatic. In one of them, rats that fasted every other day lived 83% longer than rats who weren’t fasted.
Although this is far from being proven in humans, intermittent fasting has become very popular among the anti-aging crowd.
Given the known benefits for metabolism and all sorts of health markers, it makes sense that intermittent fasting could help you live a longer and healthier life.