1. AvocadoAvocado is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and oils that help to lubricate the walls of the intestines, which helps in the prevention of toxins to stick to the walls and they get flushed out.
Recommended: Garnish your meal with garden egg stew
2. Beans & LentilsThese represent a youth anti-inflammatory food, since they are bursting with antioxidants and phytonutrients, apart from one of the richest sources of fiber on the planet. Lentils, legumes and beans are known to aid digestion and cleanse the colon as well.
Beans and legumes are also incredibly nutrient-dense and a nutritional storehouse of proteins, as well as vitamins and minerals including calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium and B vitamins.
Adding just ½ cup of beans or legumes to your diet daily will dramatically boost your fiber intake by approximately 8 to 11 grams.
When it comes to protein, unlike conventional animal food sources such as beef or milk, beans and legumes are packed with hormone-free, steroid-free and antibiotic-free ultra “clean” plant protein.
Diets rich in resistant starch detoxify the body, and since this resistant starch is a probiotic fiber, it suppresses “bad” bacteria and promotes “good” bacteria.
It also normalizes bowel function and supports a healthy digestive system in general. More good bacteria in the digestive system will improve the immune function, promote colon health and ease the fight against diseases.
3. Green TeaGreen tea is an extremely favorable item to use when you want to cleanse your colon and lose weight. It is loaded with antioxidants which are great for cleaning the colon and improving bowel functions. It is also very beneficial as it is high in vitamin C, which helps to remove toxins from the body. In general, herbal tea, such as peppermint tea, senna leaf, flaxseed or other types will all work just as well as a colon cleanser.
4. FruitFruits are rich in fiber and antioxidants, so they should be part of the daily routine, especially when one plans to conduct a colon cleansing procedure.
5. LemonLemon and all citrus fruits in general are great for cleansing the system. Lemons can rid the large intestine of waste matter build up and also act as an antiseptic, which hinders the growth of microorganisms. You can simply cleanse and detoxify your system by consuming a glass of water with lemon juice every morning.
7. Fermented FoodsA vast network of beneficial bacteria forms the human digestive system,and they are responsible for battling harmful bacteria, digesting food, absorbing nutrients, and eliminating toxins. When these bacteria are out of balance, serious issues in the digestive health may occur, and the damage will worsen as the time of this bacterial imbalance lasts.
Environmental and food chemicals, antibiotic drugs, processed foods, and other factors damage the gut flora, so it is crucial to supplement with probiotic bacteria and eat plenty of fermented, probiotic-rich foods, which include fermented beverages like Kombucha tea and kefir, and cultured vegetables like tempeh, Greek yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut.
8. Dark Leafy GreensGreen leafy vegetables like spinach and kale will help to clean the colon and protect the digestive tract from different ailments, since they are rich inchlorophyll.Fat-soluble chlorophyll adheres to the lining of the intestinal wall and retards bacterial growth, removes putrefied bacteria from the colon, and helps heal the mucus lining of the gastrointestinal tract.
Spinach and kale are the optimal choices, but other vegetables of this group, such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, celery, collard greens, green olives, asparagus, sea vegetables like seaweed, leeks, peas, and Swiss chard are all high in chlorophyll, which means they can help cleanse your digestive tract and detoxify your liver as well.
9. Aloe VeraImprove digestion, detox the body, and treat skin conditions with the extremely beneficial and potent aloe Vera juice.
Aloe Vera juice has anti-inflammatory properties, which means it can help with a host of conditions and diseases, relieving symptoms brought on by excessive inflammation in the body. It can be an important all-natural supplement to a healthy lifestyle when used correctly.
Many symptoms are brought on or worsened by inflammation, including arthritis and even cancer. Aloe Vera is a perfect way to keep your inflammation in check. Aloe Vera comes in many different varieties, but it is advisable to opt for organic brands of aloe Vera juice that are in concentrated form whenever possible.
10. Apples & Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple is a potent cleansing agent, so many colon-cleansing techniques include either whole apples, apple sauce, apple juice, or apple cider vinegar.
It is high in fiber so it is beneficial for healthy digestion, but it is also rich in pectin, a carbohydrate compound that acts as a thickening agent inside the gut.
When taken in therapeutic doses, pectin can help root out built-up toxins in the colon and strengthen the intestinal lining. This compound is also found in the rinds of citrus fruits and in bananas, and they have the ability to remove heavy metals and other toxins from the body.