There are many ways to enrich and balance a starchy diet, other than the typical tomato or vegetable stew. The garden egg stew is one of such ways.
It is quick, easy to prepare and nutritious. It is best served hot and can be eaten with boiled rice, yam or plantain.
- Garden Egg
- Dried prawn
- Smoked fish
- Fresh pepper
- Pumpkin leaves (optional)
- Wash some garden egg and boil until they are soft.
- Squash in a small mortar or with a grinding stone until the skin blends with the rest of it. Alternatively, peel off the skin before squashing
- Dice some fresh pepper and slice some onions
- Rinse your smoked fish and pick clean of bones
- Rinse dried prawns
- Heat some quantity of groundnut oil.
- Put in the sliced onions and leave to simmer for 10 seconds.
- Pour in your squashed garden eggs
- Sprinkle some salt and add seasoning
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes and then add your smoked fish and prawn
- Let the stew simmer until all the water in it is drained.
- 20 Foods That Are Bad For Your Health (Avoid Them!)
- Potatoes Remedy Against Wrinkles and Dark Eye Circles
Like it, Share it!